HOW TO STAY CREATIVE AT WORK
Being creative at work can be a real struggle for many creator soul’s stuck in corporate America.
Now not all corporate jobs are creative black holes. And if you are blessed to be working at such, thumbs up to you. For all the other other creatives who don’t have it so good here are a few ways to keep your creative juices flowing:
1. Smile. Just the simple act of smiling makes us happier and in turn more receptive to the creative flow.
What makes you smile at work?
A cool coffee mug, fun office supplies, or maybe a vase with flowers. Whatever makes you smile, do that.
2. Go outside. Being in nature for 45 minutes a day lowers stress and increases creativity.
Can't go outside?
Then look out the window and daydream. Nature let's the mind wonder and work in ways that nothing else can.
3. Eat. Take your lunch break and enjoy. Savor your meal and the company you keep. By taking time to step away from your everyday stress and enjoy the moment, you are able to see life and the beauty that is around.
4. Stay away from gossip. Gossip kills. It is just that simple. It kills creativity, relationships, and all that is good and holy with the world. Stay away from the negative mojo.
5. Lead. When you lead, you call the shots. You can infuse your work with more creative, fun, engaging elements all the while supporting fellow creatives like yourself.